The department endeavours to develop
globally competent graduate engineers capable of fulfilling the
rapidly growing demands of food processing sector.
- To produce professionals who can take up challenging
assignments in food processing and allied institutions.
- To produce graduates who can develop sustainable
technologies for value addition and prevention of post-harvest
- To develop and extend technologies for nutritional
Email : email@example.com
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of
mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering
specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research
literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching
substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics,
natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for
complex engineering problems and design system components or processes
that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the
public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use
research-based knowledge and research methods including design of
experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the
information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply
appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools
including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities
with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by
the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and
cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the
professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact
of the professional engineering solutions in societal and
environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to
professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an
individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex
engineering activities with the engineering community and with society
at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective
reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and
give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge
and understanding of the engineering and management principles and
apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to
manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have
the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long
learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Integrate engineering and basic sciences to develop
skills in engineering analysis and design and development of
food processing and preservation systems for value addition
in foods, agricultural resource utilization and environmental
- Graduates will pursue careers as practicing food
engineers and technologists in fields such as processed food
production, food quality control, new product development,
food storage, food bio-waste processing and bio-energy and
- Graduates will become capable to start-up and grow
their own new firms. They will become recognized experts
working in government institutions, consulting firms and
international organizations around the country and the world
addressing challenging issues.
- To prepare graduates who would pursue and succeed in
advanced studies in disciplines such as Food Engineering and
science, Food Technology, Food Packaging, Food Quality and
- Equip graduates who would take competent leadership
roles, display professionalism and industrious activity in